Saturday, July 14, 2007

Everything is so dusty,
Outside or inside?
Everywhere,
Oh yes it happens.
And the song of a broken sigh,
And a beaten oak on a windy night,
And a river that swallows everything.
Broken sigh.
A dream shattered like glass on the stairs
That lead to despair,
When will the city end?
Romance in red?
And to what sense,
Missiles and broken lens.
Give me sadness in another thin cup
Push me on a cross and cry God
Save it all, and open another file.
Walk into another room; don’t leave any closed,
Wait for the one, who drinks champagne.
For the violins and all the meaningless songs,
And Mr Bojangles dance.
And I'll pour it into their hands,
Ask them for another room,
In a dusty cheap hotel,
And broken lights, endless lost roads
On a bed where I cannot sink anymore.
Wake me up before the trains don’t leave,
And sing me songs with words.
Words for all those fallen birds'.
And autumn?
And in autumn, we will leave for the woods.
And I will step into the river
Like Virginia, or dream Eliot.
Save this, and leave to haunt in a jar,
Besides the windowsill.
Edit the words, and marinate them with time,
Till they seem like broken dreams of a yesterday's young man,
Hold them till they dry like flowers.
When the morning tastes of honey and garbage,
And nights of burnt wood.
Time holds me and leaves me,
And drops me into a river.
To lay below the fish,
With an English accent.
Someday soon
No it has to end,
It’s all vicious,
Another drift,
Somewhere the wind too drops.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Prerona said...

absolutely loved this! specially:

"Wake me up before the trains don’t leave,
And sing me songs with words.
Words for all those fallen birds'.
And autumn?
And in autumn, we will leave for the woods.
And I will step into the river
Like Virginia, or dream Eliot."

6:20 AM, July 15, 2007  
Blogger Renovatio said...

I don't know why this reminds me of this guy I know, who knows all the words to that green day song, every single one, except the punchline...wake me up, when september ends...

4:29 PM, July 17, 2007  
Blogger Albert said...

"Someday soon
No it has to end,
It’s all vicious,
Another drift,
Somewhere the wind too drops."


nice! esp.liked the ending.

12:27 AM, July 18, 2007  
Blogger Spider42 said...

Interesting try my friend...
some of it was a little strange (thats ok though..) but some of it couldnt help but stick...
the one line i really liked was "Edit the words, and marinate them with time" dunno why really..
cheers bro...

8:54 PM, July 21, 2007  
Blogger jugni said...

very interesting metaphor and imagery. wonderfully stark.

love the blog! just the title would tempt me. heh

11:37 PM, July 21, 2007  
Blogger jairaj said...

thank ya all!

3:12 PM, July 23, 2007  
Blogger Still Searching said...

On a bed I cant sink deeper into.. Hmmmm.. interesting pictures the poem brings to mind..

5:34 AM, July 24, 2007  
Blogger Renovatio said...

I get it now. You haven't finished. Go on, another one, finish it this time.

8:09 PM, July 24, 2007  
Blogger jairaj said...

It's interesting to know that they're some different bits you lot like.

6:35 PM, July 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.