Friday, January 02, 2009

Today we're broken. We are divided by narrow strips of land. There are boundaries around us. Our innocence is stripped and we stand empty as scarecrows on a field. Music died last evening. There was a fire and everyone watched it whimper and gasp in a sorrow tune. We were among them but we chose not to think. Our thoughts like flies stayed glued to a light of misunderstanding. We tried to hum a funeral, but all we did was spit kerosene when we opened our mouths. We saw the clouds swallowing us, a column of birds chose to rest in the sea. We saw rattle snakes and howling wolves, and we tried to trample our shadows but we lost in the sand.
We were lost then. We are lost now. We no longer see a reflection of ourselves in rivers, we only see a glint of crimson and sometimes tears. Your picture is forgotten even though its kept in a room I promised never to look. I no longer see a promise, but what's wrapped around my head is a satyr that spreads dreams. I rise to hold a string that cry to pull me to a curtain where you hide. But I fall as many others have and many others will. When I fall, I see the remains of everyone that tried to reach you. They tell me to unite them and stand in a line and wait for the eternal bathroom door to open. When I fall, I see my past flashing in a liquid light. There's arrogance in the air and humility in the storm. It's no longer important what becomes if it rhymes. In strange battles and angry times, we follow crimes. We chose to rise and sink in a sea where such things can hide.

5 Comments:

Blogger fishbowl said...

Your writing is fabulous.

5:51 PM, January 02, 2009  
Blogger Pragnya said...

great going dude.....

12:48 PM, January 08, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really made me stretch my thinking after reading your stuff........you sure have imagination

7:02 PM, January 10, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

next time jerry
ill buy u a beer when in delhi !

inexile !~

1:37 PM, January 16, 2009  
Blogger anonyie said...

How the hell do u manage this?

7:31 PM, February 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.