Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Whole lotta love

So its a busy Tuesday. All the mouses are clicking, hacks and hackneyeds are cackling and well there's work to be done and completed. The new ed-in-chief is in South Africa and will heading his way back tonight. And ever since he has got his post, all the sloppiness is drying. He's giving a pretty tough time to all the dept heads to get their act together. Breathing fire, and well drinking blood. I'm happy he's here.
Not been up to much good, finally got down to writing the past Sunday. Drank couple of beers, watched some movies and finally spent time with myself. Something that's been missing since a while. Dying to get out of this muck-town, take some time out and head to the hills to fish Trout. Drink besides the river's sound and smoke the mountain rings.
Even though its October, a tiny whiff of winter seems to be heading. I'm almost looking forward for the winter to smile, where all's swell under the sun. I'm not very fond of the festive season though, watching herds of people practicing religion religiously scares me. I don't feel a part of it. Saying prayers is something I quietly do before sleeping, and I keep God aloof for lonely moments and scary times.
He seems to do well with that, and doesn't keep knocking on my religious-trip/trap-door too much. My folks have never urged me to keep a fast, and I don't see why I should voluntarily part with food. In fact, I don't see even see the science or philosophy for pleasing God. Its hardly as though we're Christians and have to repent; I hope he's up there and all is good.
I'm learning my way to become a better sub. I suppose I won't be a good reporter, too much of a thinker for that sense, at least this way I keep fine.
Life is cheerful; not demanding! As far as I can see, even you seem to be settled and well all is rosy. No no, I'm not in love. I'm just watching the wheels go by. Trainspoting under a lamp. Thinking of better times, and my rare-trip of feeling good.
Read a funny piece on TOI on bloggers, on how we (am I part of this, damn right I am!) -- bloggers -- are failed writers, and a twisted urn of journalism and what-nots. It was amusing, I guess its okay. Being in this trade, I know stories are often filled to wipe that white space.
And well here, at least I'm not harming anyone in any which way. This is a plesant room in the crazy mansion. You come here, read what you like/don't-like, smile/curse, and walk straight into an other one. You are as much wanted as much as you aren't. Everybody I know, would like you to enter, as well as I would. If you find yourself here arrived and feeling better, then its not only your luck as much as its everyone's goodness.
So I think we're settled.

4 Comments:

Blogger Prerona said...

you have a link to the TOI piece? are all winter activities religious or was that metaphorical?

4:37 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

its: (http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2056809.cms) naa, winters always start with the onset of festivals...that marked my sentiment...cheers!

4:53 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Zaphod said...

man i am missing delhi autumn, diwali and the begining of november.
o well life aint too bad here either, the city's returning to its familiar greyness now that summer's on the wane. actually summer's gone, i just refuse to cognize this fact.

3:22 AM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger hedonistic hobo said...

me too zapho. me too, despite the weekend.

3:23 AM, October 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.