Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Well I haven't written for a bit. I was off to a family wedding -- my very first -- in Bhopal, a bit down under Delhi. I didn't get to see a lot of it -- we were put up in the venue it self, and the only bit of adventure I'd really have is where I'd find a safe spot to have a smoke and not gettin caught by family.
I can't say I didn't have fun -- I found some two or three cousins doing the same, and I got to figure we had a lot in common.
Apart from that -- the family in total was very cool. I got to meet some of the old uncles (who've been very senior political leaders) amd they really looked like mafia dons as they'd sip their bloody mary and then rest their heads dozing off on cane chairs in the afternoon -- while the functions carried on. And two or three kids running around hither and tither.
So the setting was fine -- and the two days got over as quickly as I could've guessed.
Eye wasn't well. I was extremely worried about her. She broke up and that pushed her further down. So she's been lost to the doldrums. I met her today after ages, she looked washed out -- the good thing is that she seems to be doing well now.
On Monday I picked up a couple of movies from good ol' 34 -- Perfume. Quite insane. Visually a strawberry cream tart. There's that one killer scene right in the end -- but I'd let you you to watch it first -- that blew me apart.
The movies in the kitty are -- Traffic, Mullholland Dr, No Country for Old Men, There Will be Blood, Sweeny Todd, Simple Blood which goes all into my collection.
But to watch them I need time. That I haven't got.
Notfirang continues to rip me apart -- but she's got style. If I know you personally, I'll point her out when we're (if we are) on air.

3 Comments:

Blogger SIM said...

Perfume is freaking brilliant...as is No Country with its cattle gun and all. Have fun, whever you get to watch them! You seem to have gone underground these days, all work and no play will make Jerry a dull boy. hang in there :)

4:59 PM, March 14, 2008  
Blogger Spider42 said...

yo jerry! yknow its odd to read a post of yours that doesnt have a twinge of pathos or some such in it.. :D
just makin fun man!
sounds like it was pretty decent, even for a good desi wedding plus you got to meet cousins you could hang with you didnt even know about, sounds like a decnt deal.
havent seen perfume, really want to though, heard the name several times. But I have been on a movie bender recently since Ive been out of it for a bit. I gotta make you watch a couple of them, specially one starring one of my favs, jason statham, called Crank!
I caught Sweeny Todd in the theater, fuckin brilliant!! Depp was amazing and I was lovin every minute of the movie from the opening title sequence, Burton at his best!
I really want to see No Country.. though, as you well know I too am a Coen freak and this promises to be soooo awesome!
To close, I agree with serendipity that you need to find ways to surface more my friend, life must be enjoyed or its not worth living! you need to have good moments to remember cos youre gonna forget everything else sooner or later aint you?
cheers..

3:42 PM, March 15, 2008  
Blogger Sparkling Cyanide said...

Bloody marys and afternoon snoozes on cane chairs-two of the best things about winter :o)

11:55 PM, March 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.