Thursday, September 25, 2008

Oh lord. I miss writing. It's been more than weeks since I've opened the laptop and started pushing buttons. I had good news earlier this week. One of my short stories is being published by Penguin. It's going for their annual collection of short fiction and non-fiction stories for new Indian writers, First Proof 4. Some of the few Indian writers I admire have written for it. I even met an editor later and on -- she said we should soon start talking a book out of me. It felt good. I just hope it kicks in some inspiration to start really writing. This writer's rock I'm sitting under and this quarter life crisis I'm undergoing -- I need to get over it.
I know my writing is actually quite different from here. But I quite like writing the drivel here. It's my black page space in this big, bad world of web mess. But more than that, not that I know how many of you come here and read, I like to keep the engine of this boat running.
Speaking of which, I need a muse. Maybe it's about being alone. It could be overrated this alone-ness. There's Facebook and a strange impulse to catch up with the list of numbers on my cell phone. But still, I need to find me one.
Sure I think we're living in some strange times.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff dude, y don't u write about ur tryst wid the Eng teacher here. Guess it'll hv enuff dope for your toughest critics to pull ur leg out here. TC

4:20 PM, September 25, 2008  
Blogger SIM said...

Congratulations on being published! While us measly ones are sitting on our arses procrastinating, it's good to see someone is going out there and doing something worthy.
The loneliness bit is overrated, nothing that a good pint of beer can't fix or better yet, find a new 'you' song...If you don't already have one that works. Happy writing!

8:39 PM, September 25, 2008  
Blogger anonyie said...

That is quite a bench mark you're setting there.
Go celebrate.
Muse...sigh...may the almighty bless you.

7:10 PM, September 26, 2008  
Blogger goethe's curry said...

Mess? Not really. The writing here is... peaceful. Strangely peaceful.

6:37 AM, September 27, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw. Congratulations. Bade log..Now go get stoned

8:52 PM, September 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats dude, and make sure you follow up on lost little girl's suggestion. nay, demand.

11:34 PM, September 29, 2008  
Blogger The Cat said...

whoa. congratulations!!

8:00 PM, September 30, 2008  
Blogger Mirela said...

Congratulations!!!
Hello after some three and a half years. Got your blog address from Ioana, and I am liking what I am reading. (Your prose is filled with lots and lots and lots of vital energy.) I am Ioana's friend, I hope you remember our teas and samosas at the British Council in early 2006, while Ioana and I were in that creative writing class there. Our tea and samosas, since you used to abstain.
I am looking for someone in Delhi, I only have a first name and a description. Ioana said you might be able to help. You saw me with him once at the British Council at the launch of the Penguin India young Indian writers collection that year. If you remember. I believe you two people might be turning in the same (social) circles. If you would like to contribute volunteer detective time towards my search, please email me at mirela_india@yahoo.com. I am in Rome. Email me anyways!
Mirela

10:45 PM, October 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.