Friday, January 11, 2008

Of all the fuck ups I've made, I've never enjoyed any of them. (Well maybe a few of them) But then who counts. And who must. Oh and what misery. I grant you, I grant you all. But only if you ask, and only if you please. For the list is long, and our lies a song. The reasons are few, the seasons are blue.
--------------------------------------------------
The trouble with waking up at 6.30 in the mornings these days is that it ensures my days are fucked. It's really true. Somewhere around 10 I come awake as the nicotine smudged in caffeine kicks in.
-------------------------------------------------
So it was good to head to Samit Basu's book launch the other day. Noida bound I rarely get the time to venture into the old familiar side of city. But the launch was a good change. It's the last in his Game World trilogy, The Unwaba Revelations. I'm surprised I didn't see you there.
The launch was successfully different, he nicely pieced some film clips, based on certain themes -- and it was fun to play the trivia game as I watched along. I quite liked the show, the motley gathering was small, perhaps cosy, and I suppose everyone knew someone.
The sour wine poured in. But somehow meeting everyone after a while got me to meet everyone...and it felt like those days when it gets difficult to really speak with a wine slur. But all good.
Knowing Samit, I suppose he's been to the cave and back, writing for all these years. I don't know how exceptional the slog was, but he really looked it. I think he needed that drink more than I did.

1 Comments:

Blogger Albert said...

Hey Jerry,

‘been reading your posts, but somehow for being in an indifferent mood I couldn’t make myself comment on your posts. I think like you even I’m struggling for words, struggling to keep myself afloat, so as to survive a meaningless ordeal called “life”. Liked your nov. 3’rd post. Keep them coming.

New Year wishes!

3:18 AM, January 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.