Friday, September 28, 2007

Mind's a soup. I fell ill you see. Terrible throat. Felt as though I had seven needles in my throat. And now I'm just spending my last day at workplace today. It feels weird, well slightly. I've been here for more than 3 years, I sort of feel institutionalised now. I'll miss a few people, the Red Herring for one and then a few others.
I've asked the Big Surd if I can crash at his place for a few weeks. Will check it out tomorrow. It's in GK -- not very close to new work, but then I guess it'll work alright.
I got my results a few days back. Boy, sheer disappointment. And Delhi University can do this to you -- make you feel miserable for just being associated. I don't know who sits there, but the man has to be some prick. And I'm under a bigger stereotype danger here, and more than the rest of any of you.
I was studying through correspondence. So the dirty minded, arrogant but oblivious, stupid and a queer -- the dork who checks the entire correspondence English papers -- sits there to mark our papers, he obviously thinks that he's checking the papers of the world's biggest idiots: and deep down he's also sensitive to the fact that he is in a twisted way interacting with losers like himself. But he doesn't let that distract him.
So he's careless and starts to give you shit marks. He's already estimated it before he opens the sheet to read. You see in my Romantic paper I got 54, in my Modern Literature I got 62, in my Contemporary Literature paper I got 52, and in my European Drama paper I got 32.
32?
So I've given my paper for revaluation. Went to the college. It's one of the saddest places on Earth, and in case you're in need of a place to feel like shooting yourself or doing friendly hings like that -- come to School of Open Learning, DU. Great place to feel life is shit, you also meet the worst of your kinds, and you really want to die.
Anyway... I'm waiting for a column to come so I can put it on page. Then sit back.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger catmiester said...

hahah!

Even at ure worst.. ure funny!

Dont feel disheartened...
Ure not the chosen one, u know...

These DU people target every single person who walks through that institution (correspondence or no correspondence)

Ive been making trips for 2 years, trying to get a hold of my degree, and these suckers just dont wanna let me have it !!!

DU is a shithole, thats for sure!!

7:20 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Renovatio said...

Ouch. I'm doing English honors from ignou along with my media studies diploma, just in case someone gets pissy in the future about the diploma/degree thing. I'm yet to take an exam, but seeing friends of mine fail (twice) at non-correspondence, and my own sister struggle to get like a 50 overall, I'm not really looking forward to it.
And I thought cbse was bad.

9:17 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger jugni said...

the school of open learning creeps me out a little. but the metro van outside is good for momos when you're broke! :P

and i agree with catmiester. as someone who has for 4 longs years no (former English hons only) been tortured by DU on some random basis or the other, i can tell ya they're all just sadistic bitches.
dont get me wrong, i love DU.. completely! but they like screwing with people's lives for sure!

p.s. thats a good score you got there! i had literary theory and i scored well in that. although i got a pretty similar score in the romantics paper.

6:17 AM, September 29, 2007  
Blogger jugni said...

as in, my score in the romantics paper was similar to yours in the drama paper. :)

6:18 AM, September 29, 2007  
Blogger Albert said...

Jerry,you know what, life is like a car on a bumpy road. You gotta drive it, till the brakes fail.

And shit happens! Has happened with me many-a-time.

TC, buddy!

1:16 AM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Spider42 said...

oh jerry..
sorry to hear that bro, i think im as surprised as you are.
but not altogether.. DU fucked me over as well the first time round, as you know thats why i left it for other pastures..
but in such things its usually surprising the difference that can be found in revalued results..
hope you feel better soon bro, will catch you in 2..
cheers..

3:14 PM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Prerona said...

ah student angst. every where all uni's people feel the same perhaps :)

all the best for the re-eval

7:08 PM, October 06, 2007  
Blogger Smokin Joe said...

Huh, well, shit happens! And then its just these papers dude! There are worse things out there! Whom are you planning to show your 32 marks anyways.. and what if you get 100 on re-evaluation? you'd be featured on NGC?

9:16 AM, October 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.