Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dude, you must watch My name is earl. I'm a little slow on things when it comes to tv and popular culture. But recently I came across these tv series, and it's totally cool. (What's happened to the way I speak?) I'm the kind of guy whose in for good humour, ye know what I mean?
When the first season was on, I used to watch Desperate Housewives, but after it got over, I realised how loser-ish it was all. There was no humour in it, see what I mean? But I used to like the narration. But then family drama has never been my main stay, and I guess not even desperate middle-aged housewives for that matter.
Well the thing with My name is earl is that I like the way Earl (jason Lee) speaks. It's all very southern, and Skynard is a name you get to here often. But the music is cool -- you hear a lot of stones, ccr and sometimes guess who and the who.
But I've just watched the second season...and there's the third season that's left.
The creator of Yes Dear, Greg Garcia, is the guy who started it.
I liked Friends but then I grew out of it, it's like you name the season and everyone knows the jokes who cracked and why. Frazier was bloody cool, like a play set. South Park is eternal. But then I've never managed to be a tv person. If I get the entire season I sort of like it.
Wonder Years was a favourite when I was a good kid. Small Wonder sucked after a bit. Somewhile back The Dude showed me Firefly, from which the movie Serenity is based. I quite liked it. It's got a pretty intense look at things.
Wiki tells me that My name is earl's soundtrack includes: "The show is unusual among sitcoms not only for its lack of a laugh track, but also for its soundtrack. The music on the show includes bands as widely varied as Wings, Queen, Styx, Rush, Metallica, Thin Lizzy, The Band, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blue Öyster Cult, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Buckethead, The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd,Young MC, Jerry Reed, The Steepwater Band, Nick Drake, Eric Clapton, Guns N' Roses, Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young, The Cardigans, Nancy Sinatra, Cyndi Lauper, AC/DC, Jet, Cat Stevens, Ted Nugent, Santana, The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Ozark Mountain Daredevils,The Doors, The Wiggles, Dire Straits, REM, Canned Heat, Bob Marley, ELO, Joni Mitchell, Los Lobos, Social Distortion,The Ramones, and Beastie Boys, nicolae guta and other such manelari as well as a blues underscore by composers Mark Leggett and Danny Lux. A lot of the soundtrack was replaced with generic background music in the DVD, likely for copyright reasons. An often featured song in the series is Hair of the Dog by Nazareth. The Animals have been featured repeatedly in the 3rd season."
Now that's cool.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.