Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bickerings

Every night clutches me in sweet misery and despair,
while I toss and turn in bed,
mumbling words that strung to a prayer,
wishing to those who cared, I was dead.

And then I thought of you again,
and how you used to call and cry,
and what it was to feel your pain,
and how I tried to try, with each fallen lie.

I swore once that I was in love,
and then I swore I knew none.
It was easy to fall and look above,
to see the moon, still, undone.

Your eyes haunted me in darkness,
and in only dreams we met to kiss.
We're all lost in the wilderness,
gambling hopes to a flash of bliss.

As morning filled the room with light,
the shadows of memory began to hide.
I saw death dressed in white,
reaching her hand out to guide.

I dreamed no more,
as we begun to apart,
to be pulled into some open door,
in an audition to read a different part.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that's what I call truely Jerry.
Delightful melanchony.
-M

9:53 PM, September 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.