Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I know, I know. I should be studying. It’s about time, and well I know I should get on with it. I've read some few texts of my course already. Meanwhile thanks to the Office Poet, he gave me his copy of Camus' The Outsider. I seemed to found it brilliant.
Not been really well. I missed eM's Halloween party. Almost everyone I know was there and I they all assured the known fact; it was real good fun. The Pirate went as the pirate. Lil' Sam went wearing some fancy stuff, and I don't think I exactly got what he was wearing.
I know she maybe pissed, and I'm terribly sorry.
Last week was pretty hectic. Had a couple of pages, few stories and some junk to complete. Got drunk a couple of times. Chilled with Mr and Mrs Rock n' Roll Circus, Sunday Ed, Chatterati and others... landed up in TC after some heady whisky drinkin and had a beer there. I must say TC has improved greatly; the music was so much better. The crowd looked really swell, but well that was after drinkin'. Omi got an end to the evening by getting a spliff. Couldn't really ask for more. Really.
Also I finally completed one of my short stories, the one I had been wresting to complete for fuckin' ages. It reads okay. I won't say much about it, cause I ain't like that you know. The one's who would go on and on about how good they are and all that phoney stuff.
Things otherwise have been pretty decent, apart from this very slow week. Tonight is William Dalrymple's book launch, The Last Mughal. I'm sure I'll find the whole lot all there. Its good to see everyone in some while.
There's just one small hitch, I'll have to go through some ghazal's, and my listening skills aren't really prepared for such music. But I guess its okay, you know it doesn't hurt to listen to Indian classical music from Bahadur Shah time once in a while.
I've been told by a whole lot of people that City is sinking. I really feel bad now. You know, I worked there for two years. Now I know that people are making fun of the silly stories that appear everyday. The language and the editing is pathetic. City's competitors, DT, are doing bloody well suddenly.
Still got a few friends there, although I don't really meet them. Missed Kaul has left, Wild Child says that she wants to. The Only Reporter, I have heard, says he wants to leave but he's afraid that the City ed would not feel so good.
Anyway, not that I care that much. It’s just a pity, that's all.
What else? Nothing really. Just bored a bit. Working in a weekly can be unnerving at times. But its a lot better. This might be a fucked up week cause my ed is going to the other office, and that will mean that someone here well want to take control.I think I'm settled. Actually I don't give a fuck about that as well, so long as it doesn't affect me too much.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you also missed the YP thing on the 29th!

4:28 PM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...ur post seems to explain y some ppl i met during parties seemed 'funny' when i met them later...when i was sober.
:P

4:39 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

FCM: I did. I told Ani that I was terribly sorry. You see, damn it was Sunday, besides everything else. Next fer sure. I think there's one next month, you'll be there right? Or you're in it? I am ex-TSRS, so I have ties.

mizfit: My dear, that happens!

4:48 PM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah a fellow comrade...going for the last mughal book launch tonight eh? there's not just ghazals, poetry from bahadur's court too...i'll be sitting thru the same...enjoy!

5:10 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

thanks man, you maybe serendipity but you also have optimism...

5:11 PM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what doesn't happen all the time?
p.s i agree city is getting sloppy and dt's moving ahead..u'll have to watch out

5:22 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

hey (serendipity) but i'm in Saturday. So I'm good. I don't give a flying F anyway now apart from sentimentality. So, you're a journo, right? Has to be. Go on. You can tell me.

5:37 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger steppenwolf said...

once upon a time,i was in love with dalrymple after reading his city of djinns.im dying to read the new one.

and I hate DT as well as HT city.both are equally bad.

9:16 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

(sigh) i know...

1:11 AM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger Yohan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:08 AM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger Yohan said...

I went for his last book launch...damn cool. We were all underdressed, and quickly got drunk on scotch.

Was scared off by the size of his last book.Loved City of Djinns and From the Holy Mountain though.

2:10 AM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger Prerona said...

i am going thru this phase when i JUST CANT study - when i most need to

6:46 AM, November 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i am a journo..guilty as charged!

11:40 AM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

Yohan: I've been for so many. Where did you find a book launch like that.

Preorna: Tonight it shall be. I swear. When I study.

Serendipity: I knew. That's all cool.

2:12 PM, November 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAAAAAAAIIIIIT.

Youre from SHRI RAM?????

Really?

Me too!
What year?

2:12 PM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

Okay, can I mail you?

2:16 PM, November 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.