Saturday, October 14, 2006

So we meet again. You, me and this empty space to fill. A very casual day. As you must now realise that Saturdays, I happen to repeat this so very often. It is a day when I can think of nothing but the week coming ahead all the prize money that has to be lost and gained. In fact, I quite miss the days when I would behave like my 20-nothing self and would start the construction of castles in the air and choose my perfect queen. Those lost days...
But then thoughts can be so brittle at times; how easily they get broken. But this is a moment-of-time when I get to sitback and rest my nervous energy into how everything is. I am sure you do that as well, on sweeter days.
Although everything is clear, radiant and swell there will always be that dark lining in silver clouds. The one's that will always rain on your mind. There were times, I know, and then there aren't as well.
So many times I feel like walking out of doors. Dylan playin' on my mind; rum in my hands, faceless people puttin j's in my mouth and taking them back; lights fading; a thousand women whispers; somebody walking across you know but then you marvel how well you don't know; words of some poets; winter fragrance; fire; and then the vision starts to fade.
You wake up on a freshly washed bedsheet. The sun pours through the bed. Possibly everything that you see is in white. There's a sound of piano, you know that tune but then you don't. You wait to know where you are, but you really don't care.
Someone walks; someone beautiful. You hear her words, words that you've longed to hear. But when you actually come to hear what was said, you know its too good to be over. You fall into a deep sleep again.
When you wake up, you're lying on a beautiful carpet. Designs on it are such that you could possibly spend the entire day wondering about it. You don't. You're in The Dude's house on his carpet, you know how it ties the room together.
Suddenly a bunch of strangers appear. Smack! You've been hit on your face, pounded by a fist that could drive you into a well for a hours.
You lie motionlessly.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful.

10:44 PM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger Neer said...

:) and was reading this with Pearl Jam's Black streaming through headphones...

9:32 AM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

nice!

1:29 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger ... said...

Everything's so casual until some madmen steal your rug! I like how you wind to the dude. One never knows when nihilsm will creep in.

8:24 AM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Spider42 said...

hey man, nicely put... You've brought a lotta new shit to light!

but its been awhile since i had my rug stolen, so feel free to drop in anytime...

cheers...

2:59 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

The Dude abides man, always!

11:48 PM, October 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.