Saturday, November 11, 2006

Comrade, you're stepping on my foot

If you are a fucking Indian -- and you are not a politician or a son of one -- but you're just pushing your stupid self out of college or are in your prime youth days, smoking harsh cigarettes outside your post-graduation college, and can't help but thinking that you're going to bring about a change to this country someday. Which you just as may well -- but say you are a bloody communist, chances are that I will want to rip your beliefs and stuff it in the big hole in the sky of pretentious-intellectualism. Naa, I'll just do what I will tell you in the end.
I am sorry, if I appear a bit too impolite for your kind and well-nourished sensibilities, but please don't get my goat. You know it is quite, actually very, peaceful grazing under the azure skies. So what is it with my, er, fellow comrades? Have the potty-headed, stupidly stupid, old-drain-brains, college professors gone so nutty that they're drilling this stupid idealism to these already-feel-so-bloody-smart kids and this, with such rubbish.
What's more irritating with them is that not they are studying the course quite seriously, but have done no further reading on the subject before developing this political philosophy and unleashing it in the polite-tight-lipped-society. 'Oh ya! George Orwell, he wrote that book on Animals, right? No damnit, he wasn't fucking a vet, whaddya think!')
They have these few lines that they've mugged up, and if they say them aloud in their social outings, and I think they draw some: 'Ooh-aaah, ho/hum...s/he has to be blood bright. Ya know, here we were talking about smoking dope right now and man this one's so hardcore, almost trippy. Now I get it! It was Marx and I thought my report card!'
The strange bit are these social outings of there, where they'd like to profess how deeply intellectually-politically rooted they are. Look at the irony: they are obviously invited by some capitalist's son to a capitalist's private property to drink and smoke a capitalists wine and cigarettes -- where a down-trodden lower class man is serving you, who doesn't even cross your mind while he does that, as you eye for him to bring you that plate of chicken tikka's, that which has been pre-cooked in a capitalist's kitchen. And there, there, you actually expect me to believe that we should join you?
Don't think Naxalism and don't think CPI (M). Don't think Lenin and don't think Stalin. Think about how good it sounds: everyone's the same bloody class; happy; united; only peace and love; hand-in-hand; no democracy! Just like John Lennon's Imagine (I really like that song by the way!) Wait a minute, which Lenin/Lennon was it? Aaah, before you go again, time I get another drink.

14 Comments:

Blogger jairaj said...

I guess its a phase, I, for a very long time was on the Beat trip. Kerouac and Ginsberg. I still am, sometimes.

6:59 PM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger all meshed up said...

Oh I so relate here. Had this enormously vexing habit of almost worshiping such pseudo intellectual bunch of peeps for a long darn time (self being unaware of their “pseudo” act that is). Could just never see through, I guess. Until my neck began to ache…lolls…from all the looking upto that I did. Some people make a habit, of professing their irritatingly incessant awareness about the whos and whats of the general bla bla. Gets annoying after a while…really annoying.

P.s: this one came out real nice btw…keep more coming!! ;-)

8:25 PM, November 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh.maybe you need to meet more genuine leftists/communists? :)
The NGO types make me more angry.

11:57 PM, November 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Think about how good it sounds: everyone's the same bloody class; happy; united; only peace and love; hand-in-hand; no democracy!"

haha. awwh, jai. where do you meet these guys? i need to meet fired up people like that, so that maybe i can trash them. life is dull here.

steppenwolf: the genuine "ngo types" are rather committed people. :)

7:32 PM, November 12, 2006  
Blogger Sanjukta said...

Very angry eh..Keep the fire burning..

BTW that was quick I had hardly published and you already commented..how did you land up on my blog?

Oops forgot to thank :)

11:14 PM, November 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....I would feel safer in a snake-pit, than in a room with pseudo intellectuals...

4:01 AM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger whitelight said...

The Jholawallas. Squirming dogs. political dinosaures. Pseudo is a gross understatement.

There was a picture of a senior figure from one of the commi parties where the guy's underwear strap was visible- it read Jockey. I think that said it all.

12:05 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Pranaadhika Sinha Devburman - Bat said...

You rock.

perfect descriptive analysis of all the JU students in Kolkata. weed-smoking choms who think they know it all.

what an insult to the real visionaries of the world.

4:48 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

All Meshed Up: We all sort by some religion of worshiping, and that's perfect. It really gets annoying when people around me start talking in this manner.

Steppenwolf: I really like the name. I think I really need to otherwise I'd think there aren't any. Some NGO actualy do, 'do good' sermons kill me also.

aaki: They are around. My circuit varies.

Sanjukta: Going for Global Voices that's how I bumped into your blog. Cheers...

Simmi: I swear I could do that.

Whitelight: Where did you get this name, Velvet Underground? Jockey, ha ha ha...that's a bloody irony.

Anna-archy: Thanks. As you see, not only JU but JNU as well. :) Cheers...

5:20 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger whitelight said...

Yup, The "Mighty" Velvet Underground.

5:49 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger LostLittleGirl said...

Jerry...I do think that Communism as a theory definitely works,maybe because it enamours you,the whole idea of equality and free distribution is attractive to youth anywhere...and you don't need to worry really because the so - called 'JNU types' will never get into the political spectrum, and let's thank Hindutva for that..Cheers!

2:56 PM, November 14, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

I am sure it may work. But in History it has never. Tried, tested and crashed. The idea maybe rosy but will be always corrupted, that's human nature. Thanks for dropping by. :)

3:05 PM, November 14, 2006  
Blogger Anki said...

woah...that is some interesting ramblings...but life would be boring without the pseudos messing it up for us

3:18 AM, November 17, 2006  
Blogger Sai said...

I cannot but relate to you about these jhola types. In fact I knew one in the US, while I was in grad school. She joined along with me to do her PhD. She was 20 years my senior.

She would always hold these long monologues and most of the time it didn't make any sense and it was obvious she was far removed from reality. I used to ignore her and never argue.

Slowly they started getting rather personal. One day she went on and on and then told me how complacent I was. Then she asked me how I could be this way?

That got on my last nerve because I looked at her, smiled and said "Well because 20 years from now I do not want to be frustrated with my life and I certainly do not want to get my frustration out on some other person who is 20 years younger and has something to look forward in her life."

She was stunned and was at total loss of words. After that she ceased to talk to me which I exactly what I wanted ;-)

Communism as a concept is great but too bad it has very little practical value.

PS: She must not have been challenged in India but in the competitive academic environment she couldn't hold her own. A year later she and her jhola returned to India minus the PhD.

5:17 AM, November 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.