Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It had been raining since the time I loved you, and then the dream got up and left the room. At this time I felt everything was plain and obscure. There was darkness but she was just a cousin to the shadow. I met mystery then in a black corner, and I felt her slide her cheek against mine. I didn't tell her that I hadn't shaved. Then there she said she didn't mind but left me in a corridor where an old friend had no eyes.
I felt silence making her way, when the moon was hiding, and there was a cottage next to the river. There was even music that came from an old piano, where the violin screamed and died. There was wine, and she had those eyes. And I felt that there was no room, were we at Norwegian Woods?
Then came the marching soldiers and took the circus away. It was heard that they tied them with ropes of pain and broke their jaws and slashed their wrists. When the fire burned, some smoke was collected and the river then carried them away.
It was that time that I walked on water for the first. There were few friends who had died a long time ago, and then there was happiness stripped bare and some crows. They played with words and sang different tunes. The rituals called Achilles and a blind poet that died that morning.There was no meaning in it, and this they all knew. But the festival carried till the four moons of the princess sunk the mighty ships and no one escaped to the morning. I clutched one hope and it dragged my soul with a set of silver horses. They killed Jonathan Swift, and I was one of them.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah. i know i repeat myself time and again, but i can't help saying you're such a beautiful writer. i love the soul, the melancholy in your writing. its sheer poetry, thats what.

10:21 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

thank you aaki, that's very kind of you...

12:55 AM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger simmi said...

spine-chilling, haunting and dreamy...

1:29 AM, November 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

never cheat on two things: mystery and wine. coz we cant leave them until they leave us.

"I once had a girl, or should i say, she once had me."

10:40 AM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger Prerona said...

Awesome post these last 2. Really loved them

12:45 PM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

simmi: This form of prose is very abstract but manages to show only one variation of a feeling trapped in me. Thanks

dhrupad: truem true.

prorna: Thanks :)

6:47 PM, November 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wine and eyes can make things disappear:-))

7:59 PM, November 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she was dancing through the night above his head...

11:31 PM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger Arthur Quiller Couch said...

When the drug is in your bones you don't need to get stoned, eh?

Better than Tarantula, at the very least.

1:01 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger moonstruck maniac said...

And I felt that there was no room, were we at Norwegian Woods?

Aah... with a slight smile and a cloud of thought all i can say is jerry, this was a moving piece; and that would be an understatement!!!
(moonstruck is stumped)

6:34 PM, November 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poetry in motion..call for the achilles heel.

9:43 PM, November 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it the melancholy words or the secret desire..

9:44 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger P said...

Very nice post, Jerry. Much appreciation.

5:13 PM, November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.