Saturday, December 09, 2006

Roll with it

1) I like songs that have great wordy vocals, not all but some. The words have to be really poetic and the music soft and more treated as an accomplice to the art. Although I like a whole lot of music, lately its been blues. But not even time can kill for me my fascination for the songs of Leonard Cohen, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, John Lennon and Neil Young. I may have missed some names, lot of bands have numbers in them (Coldplay-kind).

2) I lose people easily. Its a pity that they are people who have held great posts of importance at some point of my life. But its time and distance that displaces them from me; when they return, I feel that we've become strangers till we recover that strayed over past. Often you are unable to connect easily, sometimes catching up is so easy. This doesn't happen all the time but it does. People leave; I miss them -- a new stage lights and a new curtain rises, life. That's how it turns.

3) During a particular age, few years back, I felt that I could see spirits. No not the Sixth Sense kind, its just that they could be seen or sensed around when things would get real dark, dismal and lonesome -- I was amazed how little it had to be with just being afraid. I used to get jeered by friends, so I hushed it up. Things passed. My dreams were nightmarish. I guess it was just a patch of time.

4) Sleep has turned me crazy. I'm turing completely nocturnal. Reading is the only pill. I guess in this point I'll fix both books and sleep together. With books, I guess I'm not getting enough time to finish them all. But the list is also quite endless. No I feel every minute I should be spending on it. I read on the bus ride though, sometimes it becomes impossible. It makes me suffer.

5) Most times, I feel I don't make sense. I also try a little bit not to, so I admit it there. But actualy this is all part of the act of liking people but at the same time not liking them at all. What would you do if your life was spent hating everybody but at the same time not being able to do without them.

6) I hate genralisations. 'All Indians are stupid' or 'All muslims want to do is kill everyone' or 'Women are such sluts' or 'Men always want their way'.

(I'm terrible at being tagged, so I tag all ye now!)

9 Comments:

Blogger InExile said...

the spirits thing is spooky ! a few days back i felt as if i could feel spirits around me ! can't quite explain it..

12:26 PM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Emma Blowgun said...

...or 'all bloggers are so emo' :).

1:30 PM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Emma Blowgun said...

Oh, and I hate generalisations but always find it in my heart to squeeze them in here and there.

1:31 PM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Spider42 said...

nice man...
gotta agree with you on most of it, definately on the insomnia thing... seems to be a growing phenomenon.

4:08 PM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Devilled said...

Wilco is a lovely little indie band. BTW, I ALWAYS read before I sleep and sometimes finish the entire book because I can't bear to put it down even for another few hours and then don't sleep at all that night. Books are lovely people.

5:03 PM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger medusa said...

i know what you mean when you talk about hating people, but not being able to do without them.
welcome to my blog world.
and yes, if someone has already been tagged to do this exercise, she cant be tagegd again, can she?
so medusa is exempt.

7:27 PM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger SIM said...

the bit bout losing people..
happens to me too. they mean the world to me at some point of time, n then slowly slip away. then hating everyone but not being able to live without them...hmm, yup been there. Maybe what you should try for a change is to surround yourself with things that u do love..books, music, margarita's ;) rather than people who just pretend to be something they are not.

4:27 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Moon Moon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:10 AM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Moon Moon said...

alone.aloof.cold.cynical.detached.distant.arrogant.withdrawn.insecure.unfriendly.unsociable.
too stuck up!
i guess that is what a misanthropist is!
Q.E.D

P.S. people aren't always that bad! its how you look at it. Also, dont forget you make one of them!

12:11 AM, December 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.