Friday, January 26, 2007

So I've got my assured paper evidence -- tickets -- to rightfully enter the Buddy Guy concert in New Delhi. I've also increased the clippings on the board facing me at work, I don't see any reason why I must disclose this arbit news to you but anyway. Another week has whooshed by me, its like imagine being hit by a train and then standing up to collect your remnants. There's actually no very scientific and mathematical reason why my computer screen seems to be switching off on its own. More than many times, I personally feel suckered into smooching it an eternal goodnight. I suppose it would wreck my career if I'm remembered by the sight of it.
Wednesday evening was the launch of Sarnath's graphic novel, The Barn Owl's Wondrous Capers released at the British Council. Sarnath, more a friend and less a 'contact' now was looking all different without his Bob Marley-sort locks. It was undeniably the best launch I have ever attended and enjoyed. He projected his graphic novel in a graphic-novel style film on the huge screen, with all that narration and sound effects. I was over-awed to see some of the tiniest hidden ironies in those small boxes, some pictures contradicting the spoken-bubble and the sheer brilliance and voyeurism of his humour. A classic Sarnath from the maker of Corridor.

Got very, but not that very, drunk that evening. I randomly met the Pirate who was stoned and smashed out of his wits. In the middle of the party, we both were sounding like two deaf people talking while Jalebee Cartil (don't know what provoked them this nice name) played some very trippy music. That amplified if you stared longer at those embers.
Everyone was there, surely no sight of sweet Em who has left for Bombay, it seems for a considerable time. It was pretty neat to meet Duck of Destiny who promised he will update his blog very soon, and I spotted Annie for a good half-a-minute before I couldn't find her. I realised that if you're a flamboyant drinker then you must try drinking whiskey with apple juice, it looks very fancy. But actually tastes like piss, I think.
Omi dropped me at Vaz's place in Saket. The lot were shooting whiskey with coke, I couldn't leave them weeping on the floor so I of course drank as well.
Few hours later, had to drop people around the city. Cheesy looking cops stopped us delayed us further, begging, and quite literally for some dough. Later slept at 4 forgetting that a morning tuition at 9 the next day. Made it for that. A head spinning self met Sarnath again to interview him at 12 straight after the class, the interview kept crashing into random conversations. Remember: don't interview him, if you talk its easier. Head for work after that filed everything and figured the nuts and bolts. Evening more chaotic: Haze had two gig meant for review. Met Smrits, sweet as always, who seemed extremely flustered with her work. Went through some not-very-good-music while I sipped two glasses of wine as Rasna. Smrits called this morning with some terrible news about last evening after I left. My head floating somewhere on my shoulders, I sat through it, asl watching two fat women wearing skirts who I wanted to offer my muffler.
Crashed into bed, read a little and was woken up to see the President of our country waving for 2 hours constantly at the marches. Man, ugliness is one thing, looking stupid is another.

11 Comments:

Blogger whitelight said...

Yeah, Buddy Guy concert is going be good.

7:27 PM, January 26, 2007  
Blogger Y? said...

but i agree with you on the whiskey with apple juice

10:44 PM, January 26, 2007  
Blogger Spider42 said...

hey man,

yeah still pissed i wont be in town for buddy guy... but trying like all fuck to make the roger waters show in bbay next month and will def'ly be in blore when maiden rocks the town to the grave!

sounds like the launch was a bomb, nice! never really tried whiskey and apple juice, does indeed sound kinda pissy though!

anyhow, be cool bro and on a side note, dont drink too much - coming from me, take that as good enough reason to be easy - drink, but do so to enjoy, not just t b smashed.

cheers...

4:58 PM, January 27, 2007  
Blogger TheDragon said...

You party animal you

1:15 PM, January 28, 2007  
Blogger jairaj said...

whitelight: Man, I know. Cheers.

y? :)

dude: you worry me when you say that, i suppose i understand why you say that though. naa, not been smashed, prudence is my name. i suppose it comes across that way. thanx dude. cause the dude abides.

m: nnnnnnnnnooooo! i was just having some fun. :l

9:19 PM, January 28, 2007  
Blogger Albert said...

I read Sarnath’s Corridor long time back. Bought it twice, but twice I was robbed of it. I specifically liked character of the forensic doctor who used to listen reggae. The book was fucking hilarious. Will try to get hold of this one too and even a buy a new copy of Corridor, third time. You write well; kind of abstract but still meaningful.

Cheers!

6:23 AM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger InExile said...

the delhi social scene is derisibl-y funny !
buddy guy rocks dont he !

p.s. are u a journalist or something ?

12:15 PM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger jairaj said...

trussed-bull: Go for it man. This one's a lot better. Its pretty cool, and fucking-more hilarious. I suppose this abstract style is more the frustrations of a poet who is now a journalist. Hope to hear more for you. Cheers!

exile: be here to know it man. it swings between shit to great shit. Yea, I'm a fucking hack. Three darn years now. you not writing? let me know when the new blog comes man, drop a hint, will ya? cheer!

12:29 PM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger moonstruck maniac said...

whiskey and apple juice??? i know one fella who used to have it with red bull. thats double yech.
but buddy guy, well cant wait to see him.

5:32 PM, January 30, 2007  
Blogger Prerona said...

had loved corridor - would have loved to read this one, but i doubt i will get hands on it from here! :(

4:22 PM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger five_silver_rings said...

hmm... was there at the barn owl's book launch at british council as well... how do u know annie?

1:09 AM, February 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.