Thursday, September 06, 2007

So what's it going to be then, eh?

So I haven't been writing. It's been a quite hectic enough though, I've put in my papers, I'm serving my one month of notice period here. There's been a heap load of production at work, and since the department is nicely crumbling, I've been at it since the last week. I'll be out of print for a while now as I'm headed to run headless in TV.
And leaving this place is quite sad, but there are some people who are making it quite terrible for me. But I won't get into that, just that sometimes seniors behave terribly. It really strikes badly, you see, if you're at one place for a reasonably long time, its very sad to see people just turning, but then one musn't expect too much. I don't know their reasons, but well I won't say anything.
So I met a pretty penguin last evening who said that she's been reading my blog, and she knows who I am, and which was very scary to know. So that's it now: the secrets all gone. You see the roving eye of the the publishing world has finally cast its glance at the page. But all I am quibbling about is why didn't you say so before: now I would have started to write more properly a long time ago, and er well not on all that satire.
And well if it was not for that casual remark, I may have written on all that happened, and what I saw, at the penguins march last evening, oh lord. So a lots been happening, yes, yes, I know India won quite remarkably last evening. But that apart, you know how the whole drill goes. Music reviews, drinks, js, movies, bad writing, depression, eyes, dreams, cold, cigarettes, autos, fingers, Facebook vampires, and all that jazz and blues.
But now you see I have turn more respectable here, more responsible, cut down on those cuss words and the slur, and sharper. But O lord, it doesn't seem to be happening so well.
But I really do hope to write longer and smarter pieces the minute I step into TV (I actually hope to save a bit of time), I mean time to write stuff I've been meaning to. (A correction: write longer peices for other sources, if I can.)
The whole drill of writing 350 words getting slashed to 210 is overwhelmingly disheartening, and I can't cuss about it, but its a bitch. Otherwise, Orwell.
So what's it going to be then, eh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Renovatio said...

Man I really hate being the bearer of bad news, but you're going to redefine 'say as much as possible in as few words as possible' working in tv. With my limited experience at a channel, I discovered that. Other than that, if you like thinking visually, you're all set.

12:05 AM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Saattvic said...

aw... cmon jerry. it wouldnt be half as much fun reading long, formal pieces from you. nah, thats just not your style. i mean, not your blogging style, anyway. i read those long formal pieces in the newspaper everyday. and you, poor kid, have to write them as is for your work. its just so much fun reading the REAL you on the blog.

stay like this man. if you want long boring pieces, read my blog instead!!

12:12 AM, September 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.