Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's really strange but I never got the whole deal of messaging. At one level it seems to be one of the greatest inventions -- you can send a message to someone, cutting the opportunity of the bullshit of talking to that person. On the other hand, it can be quite corny as well. You can say the sweetest darn thing you like without slurring, coughing and pausing on it.
I don't wish to talk about the language. That's a seperate issue. I keep the dictionary on (which sometimes is of no help) -- but I let that work my spellings.
But I seem to have made several fuck-ups along the way. Well not serious fuck ups like sending a wrong message to someone else (that worries me sometimes, especially when it's derragatory). But fuck ups in the sense of letting people know that I'm fond of them. Maybe I don't do it right. I sometimes send random messages. Poetical messages. Messages for random talk, than anything else, that suggest nothing really. Talk about some song, poet, book, quote -- and then I suffer over why I sent it. And they're not like your drunk messages.
But they aren't sent to random people. They are sometimes attempts to be in touch, through poetical talk to someone you think you can relate to in some proverbial darkness. I don't know if it makes sense to you.
Some people don't reply. Now don't think I'm some lunatic who gets after you, that's not the case. Some people just don't reply. You know every once in a while even I get one of these random messages. Not that they have to be poetical or anything, but merely random for sure. They often don't even say a hi. They're from someone you know. Someone who you have come to realise is fond of you, and sending you that is a sudden show or a glimpse of their desperation. I hope you get what I mean.
Do you ever get random messages from people; those one's that you dismiss by wondering why someone would send you some garbled words, at an odd hour? Or have you sent someone a random message? Hoped for a reply?
I think there are people who use messaging to keep it as objective as possible. There are months when I don't send send random messages, I keep it as objective as possible. Sometimes I throw an extra line; a line more than the needed.
But you know, I don't know if you would, but I make it a point that I reply to random messages I get. Messages that perhaps have no question, no point but are attempting. I suppose sometimes it's some comfort you can give to people. After all, I've always been fascinated with words. And words do give comfort. Think about it. This is really random.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerry
Write about shagging !
That'll probably be more fun !

That run and coke seems to be getting to your head !
I hope you are well and healthy ! :)

your old friend 'inexile'.

10:18 PM, July 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.