Monday, October 16, 2006

Didn't get time, so I might as well tell you. Tell you because I truly respect and adore the fact that I now have something to tell you. Would this mean that whatever I've said before, I've never told you things? No, jackass! It just means that I like the fact to have something to tell.
You see I'm young, so you'll have to forgive me. It gets a bit irritating when you have your mind talking to you as though he's your daddy. Its hardly as though some ill-lit is talking incessantly to you reminding you of better conversations you've had with the walls. No but its the darn conscience (split it into two its: conning-science) -- that stupidly travelled the same years of my age.
Anyway, so where was I?
Well last saturday evening went to the Sunder Nagar Mela (that's right, nope you didn't hear wrong), it was a matter of odds. Either go to a concert of Kishori Amonkar (Indian classical goddess who I don't relate to from Adams) -- and well last time that I did go, I had to sit on wet grass patch for five hours to hear a woman go on and on till I pulled out every strand of hair and grass -- or go to this 'most famous mela (fête) of Delhi.' The good bit was that I was going to the fête because I was assured that there will be women there -- I found out later that the entire South Delhi and Punjab Delhi turns out in their mela-best here -- and well I was going with friends, rather than my Hindi-classical-loving cousins.
So I met PC and Chaman and went straight there. It was hell while entering, should've had something to drink before but these guys were in some uncanny hurry which died the minute they entered. Now these two being in Amity (I know it sucks, but these guys are friends), knew almost the entire lot there. Friends from college, school, nursery, birth, death, neighbouring states (Punjab, Haryana...etc) everyone!
I knew a few who were there as well, but to be honest, I had been acquainted to them once. Yes there were a few hot chicks, but when I saw people my age and a slightly older rush towards the Giant Wheel and Merry-Go-Round (its hardly as they were tripping) -- my attention was lost, my heart sank, my hands trembled, and actually wondered how easily I deviated from humanity and Earth-people without the loss of realising atmosphere and gravity.
So well this went on, I convinced everyone that this was not my idea of fun. Some girls were quite sweet and understanding, thought I was a bit stuck-up (didn't hate me, dismissed me for being a 'writer') and spoke to me for a while.
Their conversations were a bit boring. I took great drags of my 'cigi', appearing now completely engrossed of what was being said. But wait! wait! I heard jargons and cliché in a row suddenly, why? Here's the honest bit: if you hear kids highly convinced, motivated and talking corporate lingo (that may please their mummy-daddy), it has to be a bit of a farce.
I was aware that this was a large group of, what is called, AISEC. Basically college-kids-committee that makes all this lot feel as if they're doing something with their life and making a world a slightly better place. Yes, very unfortunate.
So I hung around for some crazy hours. Met a few chicks that I thought were honestly divine-appearing but then it was night (and then at night, even the stars do) -- and that got over.
The next scene:
I'm with Chaman whose glugged a 3/4th full of Vodka complaining bitterly (I say actin smart) that, well, I know its funny: there was no Vodka innit. He then assuming all's well chased the feeling with taking huge pulls of a j (a newcomer), and passed out on a slanting roof that would've dropped him on the drive way 30 feet below.
But whoever this guy's place was, it was a neat pad in GK. He had booze, and was okay of us all getting elegantly wasted.They were all very nice lot, really. Specially when you don't know them well but through a friend who at that moment is passed out. But before I end my you-may-wonder-why-story; the opposite balcony where some chick stayed, divided by a low wall between where we were and well she. I saw her smoking a fag.
I jumped across cause I was out of them, and well I desperation was calling. She didn't have any to spare. But she gave me a few drags from it (it was stale for sure), spoke to me nicely. She works in Cosmo. I returned back wondering about those eyes. Those eyes blurring everything...

7 Comments:

Blogger simmi said...

sounds romantic and exciting! wish someone exciting would land on my balcony next time i go for a smoke.

11:41 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger jairaj said...

oh well this one was at a stranger's...realy wish it happened where i live... :)

11:47 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Prerona said...

sounds like u had a good time :)

1:56 AM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger moonstruck maniac said...

BOOO HOOO
i want a new home; and i want strangers like them JERRRY where do ye live budddy
this is not fair; i dont have any neughbours like yours
but guess ye had a pretty good time. aaahh the eyes

5:07 PM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rooftop romance, how very quaint! Next time carry a rose, just to make it truly poetic!

9:57 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Neha said...

lol...well a good end to the fairly ok day? :)

i was abt to go to this fete myself...but didnt :)

10:34 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger simmi said...

O Romeo, where for art thou?

busy serenading the girl with those eyes?


sigh...

12:24 AM, October 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.