Monday, February 19, 2007

I suppose I live in a secretive fashion. Its something I've developed over the years. I leave people close to me to wonder; some walk straight out of my life in impatience, some understand this very well. It is impossible to say if I am an introvert, I just fancy being aloof. It gets a little lonely, perhaps this is why I'm a misanthrope-of-sorts who still continues to experiment and make friends and expects wounds. Most times people disappoint me. I feel a dark moon encircling me, an inexplicable hate meandering, and as I reason, I see a little relevance in their struggle for existence. I try not being careless, I'm understanding -- but there's little commitment. Its strange, lost in my random thoughts whispering -- I think I'm a thinker, but then I'm not devoted enough to say, that it works on a very mathematical or scientific accord. Its all strange you know -- muddled up -- and then of course you don't know what I mean, would you? My fascination and horror lying in perversity. Who knows maybe you do.
-------------
Soap -- the Delhi's first child of a blues band -- is pretty close to neat. Saturday evening, and I found myself there in the Blues House. The vocalist is a cute girl with a pretty voice, sackful of attitude though somehow. I've been fascinated by their music since some time. They have their good moments and if you let them play a bit longer you might agree with me. I've been through some really shitty shows of there's though -- have been very sharp on criticism in my reviews as well -- and I think they hate me for that. I like to provoke it, I guess, I figure: they have a shitty playlist actually. They'll do good I profess.
The band has great potential -- they've got the coolest guitarist; in the years to come he will prove to be a really neat player. They do Pride and Joy and Stormy Mondays well. The harp is good to hear -- and I won't say its exceptional -- but it does make the blues sound more real.
And I stepped out after that, roamed about to find my cousin who was at Lodhi. Some party, I figures as shitty music from the background poured from the phone conversation and I pushed myself there. It was a party at Alliance Francaise, the new director they got -- naive I know -- decided to throw open a party with free booze to Delhi (some invitation though). Any respectable would know how not-good an idea like this is, anyway why do I bicker.
Got inside, the guard played the fool in the beginning, and I met the crew on the dance floor where most of their exhibitions are usually held. Lot of crowd inside I saw. A motley mix though, heck of a lot of whites and a strange lot comprising scums of Elevate let loose.
Being in this beautifully fucked up city, there were of course more men than women around -- fucking uncool. Self tried to find some eyes, but everywhere he looked a chick was taken. Was too tired, and the music was loud to even attempt, besides the drink was settling in. And even if there was a chick that was feeling cool enough to dance solitary, there were four random fuckers getting an orgasm dancing around her -- not even with her -- butt-rubbing each other in delight. And you know they weren't, evidently like that. Truly what a pity it is.
The beer was being -- for some very strange reason -- served in wine glasses. There seemed some desperation that roamed in and about the corridors. Time to leave.

23 Comments:

Blogger Prerona said...

i really identified with the first part of the post. yes, most of the times, people dissapoint!

5:35 AM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger Prerona said...

but then, most of the times i dissapoint myself too!

growing into a far less misanthrophic than usual phase ...

5:36 AM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger SIM said...

Ah the proverbial weekend post by Jerry. I quite look forward to these you know, sometimes it feels like comparing notes with someone. Who did what, ahem...who, when and where?
I think the Saturday past sounds interesting at best. As for the one-single-chick-surrounded-by-four-losers bit. Hilarious! I am sure you are well aware of Delhi's warped sex ratio. Blame it on that :)
P.S: How was the Sunday?

3:14 PM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger Spider42 said...

ah my friend, have no fear cos youre far from alone in all this insanity - pretty much all of us in this most messed up of generations are lost in this swirling miasma, directionless and confused.
and yeah soap is good, lot of untapped potential, lok forward to catchin some of their gigs when i get back in, hopefully time will improve on their skills.
cheers...

4:12 PM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger Sleepymaggie said...

I think your blog intimidatingly *real*... : )

4:41 PM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger Vatsala said...

Jeez.I agree with what Dude has to say.Man , everybody's lost/ore like the directionless direction .. Delhi sucks...to say the least , I aint been there in my sane senses ..and how..lol

5:06 PM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger rushes said...

Have been in delhi long enough to identify with your sentiments! Hang on in there bud! Also rumoured was the opening of the Ministry of Sound in our very own Gurgaon...oh please do blog about it so i might critisise by proxy!

6:02 PM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger steppenwolf said...

'I leave people close to me to wonder'.

ditto.

heh.i LOVE the first line.living in secret.

6:21 PM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger The Cat said...

errr, soap is my friends' band. last i knew, they were not exactly marketing themselves as blues, and were very jazz-based. :p
ah yes, chintamani is one of the best guitarists in the city.
and the harp happens when arjun doesn't play the piano, and piano is his forte.
michelle is good. and i've seen you butcher level9(her other band noh) in your reviews. (not unwarranted tho :p) so.. maybe she wouldn't be pleased.
oh, on the side.. please get hazra to write again? where is he? tell him he is missed.

6:33 PM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger scout said...

i likey! wish i could write like that. damn. :D

12:30 AM, February 20, 2007  
Blogger catmiester said...

yes, u write beautifully...
lemme see... identify with some of the thoughts and then dont.

Confused and tired of people?
Evident in the weekend rendevous as well ...

U're soooo not alone here! ( n u know it!)

p.s. thanks for the post... woke me up! Muah!

11:05 AM, February 20, 2007  
Blogger jairaj said...

ricercar: Hmm...its sort of an exchange that goes on. My own disappointment is when other's disappoint me. Its a wicked circle.

serendipity: Thanks dear. Sunday was the peaceful day, reading and random. I'm well-aware of the warpedness; but everytime I'm out, I pray for a change. Like a miracle.

the dude: Sure we will Dude, the dude abides. You know how it goes. :) "Lost in a oman wlderness & pain..." Just had to put that bit. Cheers, Dude.

skullsalad: hey thanks :) I love the photographs on your blog. wicked.

steamroller: Delhi just has to roll right. :)

rushes: I heard about that. The news' been around like an unrban legends of sorts. If I ever find my way to know whats the real truth -- I'll surely tell. ;) Thanks for visting.

steppenwolf: cheers :)

aaki: I know they sell their music by jazz. But they aren't even close to it. Blues they just about manage. I guess its a different interpretation to a whole lot of fancy things. So friends of yours? Pretty neat. Arjun thinks he's a God sent aphostle; he's good, even his piano, but they'll get there. They should just dissolve their egos a bit with their whisky. Indi's been caught up with heck of a lot of things, but will tell him. Cheers.

scout: Hey, thanks Scout. Is this your first time here? You know I'm a regular at yours.

cat whiskers: :) thanks sweetheart.

1:32 PM, February 20, 2007  
Blogger moonstruck maniac said...

i guess i end up disappointing more people than they disappoint me. at times, and these are surely rare times, when they end up screwing me... hmmm

4:16 PM, February 20, 2007  
Blogger The Cat said...

hahaha. "god sent aphostle." :p must tell him. arjun and srijan are the ones i was talking about. yess. egos.. but they're real sweet people when it comes to that. maybe they just don't like you trashing them. :p

5:03 PM, February 20, 2007  
Blogger jairaj said...

moonstruck: save the city dude. haha...

aaki: Naa, its Michelle whose hatred I'm aware of. The rest know me, but don't know me, know me. Arjun just thinks bright of music condemning anyone else of his position and taste. Yea I think they're cool. But don't tell him.

5:08 PM, February 20, 2007  
Blogger InExile said...

cute girls with nice voices who sing blues !!
why cant i find such women ????

p.s. a certain blogger lady mentioned that she finds you cute !!

12:45 AM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger jairaj said...

Dude I was looking for those sorts. Fuck up is that she thinks she was kissed and blessed by some Grammy effing-winning Faustus when she was born. So the attitude mixes badly wih your alcohol, and you wonder.
:) Hey that's cool. I don't know why I have my picture here, when this is an anonmous blog. I guess I don't give a fuck. But if someone finds me cute, heck its not a bad thing. ;)

1:00 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger SIM said...

keep praying. the madness won't cease anytime soon.
P.S: i too was at the said lodhi event, didn't catch your eye though :( tsh...tsh

1:40 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger Spider42 said...

hey just had to tell you this, heard once and think you should hear it:

"youre only given one spark of madness people, you musnt lose it!"
any guesses who this genius is?

cheers...

4:03 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger jairaj said...

serendipity: damn, i guess i was too flabbergasted looking at the dancers that I may havent. :{ aww, i'm sorry. :)

dude: definitely read this man, somewhere, somewhere...alas, google says, Robin Williams. (loud scrram, enough to make the whole office stand and stare) I kneeew it! (looks at everyone, gulps, says sorry, and resumes work)

4:13 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger iz said...

Butt-rubbing each other is better than them butt-rubbing her. And yeah nights like these can piss me off no end too!
Will be back more more misanthropy!

5:23 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger hedonistic hobo said...

in delhi there are always more men, the disappointing kind, than women.

i think the blues band you profiled, well sort of, is the one i'd seen play at TC long time ago. they were the only worthy performance on that night. as much as i love the boys from them clones, by then (circa late 2005) their set had become predictable. like parikrama.

would love to re-acquiant myself with the band scene in delhi again.

9:54 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger Spider42 said...

Hah! that was a good one, but im a little surprised you had to google it man?! heck considering how much stand up we've watched.. oh well, shows theres still much wisdom i must impart...

3:03 PM, February 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.