Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm bored dear readers. I find myself so very often bored these days, and partially this is one reason I'm writing again. Master and the Margarita, my faithful, humble, dear old bloggie, where I get to hum drum, where I do my crappie talkie, is where I return. So where have I been? Not too far, if we get down to actual distances and scales. My notice is on, while I'm looking around for a place to stay before my new job assembles. It's one end of the town, where I'm told I have to be trained, before I shift to the official badlands, which is another tiny headache.
Life's been inexorably obscure, and hectic, but that in slight relativity. I'm trying to keep the old friends, as I move on to make some new. But existentially speaking, it all seems futile, for what I crave is a bed, and when I prop my tired head on it, all sorts of stories fill the vacuum, and I am unable to sleep. It's when exhaustion comes, that I'm slipped into the sweet realm of obscurity, before I'm woken up to see a steaming tea. When I manage to sip the darn lemon, it's no more than a warm, pointless, tea, quite unbearable, to be honest.
So I've picked on a not-so-very-peculiar hobby of finding good films off lately, and there's a dirty shop, but very conveniently positioned in Pallika, where I suggest you ought to head. The filthy establishment is classy, because hacks of my brood are forever there. The taste of the flick collection is pretty decent. The guy charges 200 buck -- ok, ok, I know you'll say I'm being ripped -- but this guy is very firm and stubborn about his film rates. But it's here that I've discovered Kubrick, Coen Brothers, Polanski, Allen, Godard and Bergman. And this lately expensive obsession is what's treating me so well, for me tell the tale. If you're there that side, check out shop number 34, and it's here where you'll find stuff where I have not been able to find since some while. The asshole at the counter is not the friendliest, but if you show him that you've got a bit of dough, he'll be your lapdog for the hour, and will also take you to his dingy attic and show you where the entire movie booty is.
From the street side book stalls, I picked up Stephen King's Different Seasons, Anne Rice's Body Thief, and Playboy's Book of Wit and Satire, some different stuff to keep the mind in wit, while doing the rounds. Not been very good, but not the worst.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Renovatio said...

Someone mentioned that shop to me, but when I got there, there was this woman who was in the middle of an asthma attack and quite apparently on the verge of dying. I grabbed a copy of Amadeus and Fiddler on the Roof and ran out of there. If he's actually that good, I'm heading there tomorrow itself. Get a hold of 'Z' by Costa-Garvas if you can, it's not a very well known film, but it's a lot better than some of the Truffaut I've seen.

4:14 AM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger catmiester said...

Boredom is contagious...
Have been suffering from it myself.

Check out new music...
Been doing a lot of that lately. sadly, Delhi's short on live gigs and new music though... internet behold!

2:02 PM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger Spider42 said...

Id laugh my friend at the similarity that your life and mine seem to possess, if it wasnt so sad and pissing off.
but im glad you picked up the body thief and it seems youre amassing quite a formidable movie collection. One has much catchin up to do then eh?
Dont know if ive been to that shop, never remember the numbers, will remember to visit next time round..
cheers..

3:41 PM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger SIM said...

bored? the master? how is this even possible? the gig queen is keen to offer any help required :P

7:22 PM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger whitelight said...

hehe #34. yup, that place is really, really good man.

4:39 PM, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Anki said...

know the place
the guy has everythinggggggg!!!
real indie stuff...european , japanese..n my fav eastern european too
i just wish he charged me a lil less

3:37 PM, September 21, 2007  
Blogger Anki said...

pick up Kieslowski's next time u go there
:)

3:44 PM, September 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
Download html hit counter code for your website.